If you’re not already, follow me at Instagram, search the hashtag #everyfuckingnight and you will see a feed of the dinners I am cooking my boys.
This dinner is solely thanks to my dear friend S who knows the best places to have dinner, always checks in on me and is breeding olympians. She’s made this as the kids meal on two occasions we’ve been over for dinner – the second time because they all loved it the first.
It’s a dinner standard in her house and will now be in ours.
Chicken and bacon pasta bake
Recipe Type: Dinner
A fantastic dinner option even most fussy kids will eat.
- 500g packet of pasta – shells or spirals would be my advice
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 6 slices streaky bacon – if using more traditional rashes you get in Aus then probably 3 would do it
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g jar of pasta sauce – your brand and flavour choice
- couple of handfuls of grated cheese
- Cook pasta until almost done – meaning if it’s meant to cook for 12 mins cook it for 10. Drain
- Saute the onion, garlic and bacon in a glug of oil for about 5 minutes or until there’s a bit of colour coming on but not crispy
- Add the chicken and brown, don’t go crazy because it will cook in the oven
- Add the pasta sauce
- Tip in the pasta and combine thoroughly
- Stir in a big handful of grated cheese
- Tip into a baking dish, top with more cheese
- Bake at 180C for 30-45 mins – this is basically dependent on how much time you have and how crispy you want the top to be.